There’s no doubt technology plays a critical role in the competitiveness of all organizations and it’s one of the intangible factors that poses more difficulty in its management. The new scenario is identified with the acceleration of technological change and the shortening of the life cycle of products, hence the strategic importance of effective management of IT infrastructure in companies. If your equipment is a fundamental part of your operative success, why leave your effectiveness solely on factory warranty? Contracting maintenance, support or consulting services is not a commodity, nor an unnecessary expense; it’s an investment of unavoidable strategic alignment to achieve the objectives of the Organization.
Warranty vs. Support Contract
|Support Services||Warranty Services|
|Protection against interruption times.||Protect against manufacturing defect of HW|
|Spare parts and labor for a period and additional coverage.||Provide spare parts and labor.|
|Support options with a Response Time and/or Solution commitment.||Offer the "best effort" response for replacing components.|
|Software support and update options.||Does not offer support for OS|
|Flexible support levels.||Does not guarantee response times or advanced solutions.|
|Highly qualified Specialists and Consultants.|
|Installation/implementation service options.|
The differences are obvious when it comes to effectiveness and competitiveness. The next question would be how do I access support services? I must then hire a team of specialists in my Technology Department? The answer is IT Outsourcing. In business transformation, it’s more valuable to have a trusted technological partner that guarantees the correct functioning and use of the systems.
Benefits of Support and Services Outsourcing
- Increase in Profitability - Delegate to your technology partner the technical support and maintenance of the IT area allows you to focus on tasks directly related to the nature and raison d'être of the business, obtaining a significant reduction in operating costs.
- Methodology and Knowledge - A complete system for tracking incidents and reports of all support interactions at your disposal. This lets you know when, why and who requests Technical Support services.
- Accessibility and Availability – Contracting additional resources for specific projects on demand allows you to reduce the cost of having technical support personnel available for such specific functions.
- Dynamism and agility - Greater capacity to adapt quickly to changes in the business and greater agility to make decisions about the Technical Support of the company.
- Flexibility - Choose the level of service that meets your needs and the form of payment that suits your cash flow.
- Personalization - Customized solutions.
- Diversity of resources - Access to specialized resources in various areas of computing with extensive experience and high quality.
Running a business is expensive and the costs of purchasing, monitoring, maintaining and updating equipment and software can represent more money than an average company can afford. Growing is a challenge, but doing it in a sustained manner and under the criterion of continuous improvement is what guarantees the long-term business continuity in a highly competitive environment. Factory warranty is not enough, nor is it necessary to hire a team of specialists in each area, to have mechanisms to reduce risks and attend failures. Increase your purchasing power as a result of technological outsourcing and do not put at risk the life cycle of your products against the long life of your Organization.
Westham Trade offers HPE support contracts, including renewals for the caribbean territory. All we need is the serial numbers to draft a support contract with levels ranging from foundation to proactive.