On November 1, 2023, all HPE technical certifications will begin to use a versionless approach for the recertification process. This change will impact the timing and logistics for the recertification process moving forward.
This email aims at informing about an upcoming change to HPE’s Certification & Learning program. On November 1, 2023, all HPE technical certifications will no longer use a “versioned” system (V1, V2, 2021, etc.). Instead of renewing their certification whenever a new version launches, certification holders will now recertify once every three years, based on their versionless or inactive “versioned” certification expiration date.
Versionless certifications will provide learners with:
- More flexibility and autonomy as they navigate their learning journey—they can predict and plan for required testing whenever they want within a three-year window.
- More frequent learning opportunities to engage in the latest updates with less pressure on exam preparation.
- Sustained market relevance reflecting their overall expertise on a topic rather than a specific product or solution version.
What to expect—active certifications
If your team members hold active HPE technical certifications, there is no action required of them now.
On November 1, 2023, their existing active “versioned” certifications will automatically become inactive before expiring on November 1, 2024. They will receive new equivalent versionless certifications with a new expiration date. To stay certified after the versionless transition, they will be required to recertify their certifications within a three-year window.
What to expect—inactive certifications
Inactive HPE technical certifications will also receive an expiration date. Certification professionals will have two options for updating inactive certifications:
- For eligible inactive certifications—they can take an upgrade path before November 1, 2024.
- For ineligible inactive certifications—they can pass the required exams to earn the new recommended versionless certifications any time before their expiration date.