The critical factor to run any industry is data, especially for those who are witnessing digital transformation through technologies such as artificial intelligence, internet of things ,machine learning and 5G technologies.
Edge Computing helps in speeding up the processes and reducing the delays in all such data-oriented industries.
Edge computing architecture, locates key data processing functions closer to the edge of the network, and by keeping data closer to end users latency becomes less of a problem.
The increased processing autonomy of edge devices and edge data centers also reduces downtime risks, allowing users to continue using products and services even when portions of the network go down.
Facts About Edge Computing
- In Worldwide Datacenter 2020 Predictions IDC said that it expects that by 2023, more than 50% of new data center infrastructure deployed will be in increasingly critical edge locations rather than corporate data centers, up from less than 10 percent today.
- -Data Center Company Equinix cites the prediction for its ‘Top 5 Technology Trends to Impact the Digital Infrastructure that by 2024, the number of apps at the edge will increase 800 percent.
- According to the report published by Allied Market Research the Global Autonomous Vehicle Market Will Grow to $590 Billion by 2026.
- The global market for IoT in Healthcare is expected to reach $534.3 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research. This growth is driven by advances in technology and the accelerating adoption of healthcare information systems, remote patient monitoring, and smart wearables, among others.
- The Global Smart Cities Market was estimated at USD 83.10 Billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 297.7 Billion by 2026. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20% from 2019 to 2026.
These statistics have only scratched the surface of the technology’s potential. and are clearly giving us an overview of what Edge computing will brings us, also let’s not forget commercial applications such as retail chains , oil & gas, smart manufacturing and the Telco Market which is perhaps the most promising but also still in full development (whereby 5G is an important factor)
Edge computing architecture will be an attractive solution, allowing them to keep their infrastructure free of unnecessary data traffic and provide faster, more responsive services to end users. As these examples show, Edge computing will play a huge role in the digital infrastructure of tomorrow.
In Westham Trade Co. we are always striving to provide our Partners the best Edge Data-Center Solutions in Alliance with Vertiv.