Letter from our President
Dear Valued Partner,
Information about COVID-19 is quickly overwhelming email inboxes, newsfeeds and our collective sense of certainty. The purpose of this email isn’t to add to the noise. We simply want to let you know the actions we have taken to be able to continue offering our great and reliable service without interruption.
Our employees, and your business are very important to us. Westham has a detailed business continuity plan, which has been activated, and we are convening regular meetings with our team. We have been using a “work from home” model for years, so this is not a new thing for us, and we were able to increase the number of remote workers seamlessly. We will keep a maximum of two employees per floor, so they can practice social distancing and reduce exposure, while keeping the office open. We will not be accepting visitors during this time.
The warehouse remains open with a minimum density group of employees. We are implementing additional safety measures for carriers who pick up and deliver to our facilities for the safety of all involved
We are restricting business travel for our employees until we see that it is safe to travel again. In the meantime, we will be moving most events to a virtual format. So JRIT, Demos, Product portfolio presentations will be virtual until further notice.
Additionally, we are working closely with our vendors to understand where supply chain issues may arise and how to best mitigate these risks.
You can check this link as we will use it to post updates below.
We are working tirelessly to help our colleagues and yours stay safe, and as always, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. We appreciate your continued business.
- 3/18/2020 Our business continuity plan is in place and we are ironing out some minor technological issues. We should be good by tomorrow. Supply chain is delivering as usual and no noticeable changes. If you need any form of assistance, such as advice for telecommuting, please don't hesitate to contact us. Laptops are scarce in many Caribbean nations. Let us know and we will be happy to offer whatever we have at our reach.
- 3/25/2020 We continue to work from home and orders re being processed normally. We have noticed a decline in new quotes, which is a great opportunity for our customers to request a virtual product demo, or a JRIT virtual workshop.
- 4/14/2020 Going strong friends. Many Caribbean countries are closed down, but we are still able to deliver mission critical orders with no delay.
- 4/24/2020 We are going strong, shipments going out as usual and no setbacks. We have noticed a slowdown in runrate opportunities but project pipeline is strong and healthy. Working very closely with our customer and communication is key.
- 5/20/2020 We are starting to implement a going back to the office plan. Our primary objective is to keep our employees safe.